Monday, May 20, 2013

This is My Blog & This is My Mission

Adoption may be an option for some people but to those who are adopted it is more than just that.
 There are so many aspects of being adopted that most people do not stop to think about when they are in the process of adopting and the lack of knowledge and information and resources comes back to haunt them and the child they adopt.
 This is my story about being adopted and having seen so many other people adopted, come from stories like mine.I am the voice for those who have no voice and I am the face of those who can not see clearly the process of adoption. 
I am a huge advocate of adoption and my heart is to see less stories like mine and more stories of those who have happy endings. Yes, there are stories like mine, my story is not a pleasant one but as you will read, I am not 'my' story, my story of being adopted does not define who I am today but it has helped me grow into the person that I am. My story is full of abuse, hurt, brokenness and a lot of pain, but I have emerged from that and have only hoped and prayed to grow in grace and wisdom.
 A lot of healing has taken place over the last 13 years and more healing is taking place with each and every passing day. Some wounds have healed and there are only scars, some wounds have not healed yet and are often ripped open just so that they can heal again.  
 Like I said, my childhood and my adoption do not define who I am today, 'I' through the blood, grace and endless mercy of Jesus, am who I am today.
As a Christian, I will be writing about not only the physical aspect of adoption but the spiritual side as well. I may not have had the greatest story being adopted and had the greatest childhood but my spiritual adoption has an amazing story, a story full of hope and picture painted with grace and mercy. 
My life's mission has always been to encourage others, inspire those around me and ultimately make a difference in someone's life and through this blog, through the words that are written, I hope to fulfill that mission. If you have a story of your own, if you have insight that you would like to share, please feel free to email me and I will gladly listen. I do not and will never claim to be an expert about adoption nor do I want to give the impression that 'I know it all' because I do not, but what I do know is what I want to share, what I want to share is what I want to use to touch someone's heart in some small compassionate way. 
This is my Blog and This is my Mission. 
~ The Adopted Child 




No comments:

Post a Comment